Monday 3 December 2012

Nulli Para Ora...Dragon Moon!

Hi friends;

Today, I am so pleased to introduce you to my pal and wonderful writer Nulli Para Ora! Nulli is a great talent, witty and fun and I can't wait to read her upcoming romance Dragon Moon! Scroll down and try not to gasp at the beautiful cover. You will want to save this info and put her on your TBR list! In the mean time, read on for my interview with Nulli Para Ora!

Welcome, Nulli.


1) Did you always want to be an author? If not, what else would you have done?
Actually, no, my original career was in medicine, mostly research. I started writing stories last year as a hobby. I have a few friends who are published authors, and they encouraged me to consider the possibility of becoming published. I think my initial reaction was to laugh. Loudly. It took about nine months of convincing to get me to take the plunge, and I'm glad I did. I've found a career that provides an outlet for my wild imagination!
2) What is the strangest job you ever had and why?
I haven't had any strange jobs. I've had unique experiences in the past, but most of those are probably too graphic for those with a sensitive stomach. We witness a lot of strange phenomena in the medical field.
3) What is your favourite book of all time and why?
That's a really hard question to answer! This is probably unconventional, but I'll say Paradise Lost. When I read Paradise Lost, I was looking at things that I felt were familiar, but at the same time, they were radically different. It was one of the first times that I remember imagining other worlds and what it would be like to take a few familiar, but relatively misunderstood characters, and create something new. It also piqued my interest in the supernatural in ways that I hadn't thought of.
4) Describe your ideal hero or heroine (details please! *wink wink*)
My ideal hero is the classic Alpha type. Strong, protective, loyal, passionate, and able to communicate effectively. He's far from perfect, but his heart and head are always in the right place. I like my heroes to be tall with toned physiques, they don't need to be bodybuilder-sized, but I like it when they're in shape. A hero needs to have mastered himself, meaning, he knows his strengths and weaknesses. He can be confident, and even a little cocky, but he would never put his pride above taking care of those he cares for. Finally, my ideal hero would live by certain rules when it comes to the more libidinous areas of the relationship.
1. Look - pay attention to reactions or guiding gestures
2. Listen-if she doesn't like something, stop, if she wants more, give her more
3. Learn-pick up on the things that make her unique and respond to them
4. Experiment-don't be afraid to try something new
5. Ladies first-good guys always finish last
5) If you could share a romantic evening with any character from romance literature (any genre), who would it be and what would you do to him/her (ahem! With him/her)?
My word, is it warm in here?
I'm going to go with Malak, from The Summoning by Tatiana Caldwell. How she made an invisible entity that sexy is beyond me, but she did it! *fans my face* What would I do with him? I'd probably write a small book here if I started down that road!
6) What comes first for you: plot or character?
For me, it's always the plot. I put a generic person in as a placeholder while I develop the highs and lows of the story. By the time I've figured out a couple of the major points, the main characters have started taking shape in my head.
7) Who is, hands down, the sexiest actor of all time?
Of all time?! You're killing me, Rosanna!
I don't know if I can pick just one, so I'll try to pick a few from around the world.
Takeshi Kaneshiro- Japan
Aaron Kwok -China
Daniel Henny- Korea
Shahid Kapoor and Neil Nitin Mukesh - India
David Agbodji- Africa
Eduardo Verastigui and Jesus Luz - Mexico
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Joe Manganiello, Michael Fasbender - America (U.S.A.)
Idris Elba, Henry Cavill, Jude Law - UK
Hugh Jackman- Australia
8) Describe your writing style please.
I'd say I'm a descriptive writer. I try to immerse the reader into my world, but I don't "furnish" the entire space. I like to leave room for the reader to fill things in with their own ideas of how the details look and feel. For instance, if I was describing a jar in a scene, I'd say something like:
Terri's eyes moved to the rays of sunlight as they filtered through the stained glass panels of a sun catcher. A few inches below the suspended work of art, was a glass jar. A smile spread her lips as she recalled the first time she caught a lightning bug in the container. Two steps brought her close enough to reach out and pick it up, and she tuned it in the light, noticing the slight, warbled imperfections in the glass. To the passerby, it was just an old jar, but for her, it was the holder of cherished memories of summer fields, sticky jellies, sour pickles, and the temporary home of "rescued" creatures.
In that example, I talk about the jar, but the reader will decide if the glass is clear or colored. They will associate a size to it, be it large or small. Sometimes it's what we don't say that has the biggest impact.
9) Who is your favourite author and why?
10) What is on the horizon for you? Any interesting news or books we should know about?
My first release, Dragon Moon will be available on December 17th. Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYZALUJ5Egs&feature=plcp
 
Dragon Moon is the first book I ever wrote, and I love these characters! Expect a lot of twists and turns.
 
And my historic romance Initiate now has a release date of February 25, 2013!
 
 
Dragon Moon blurb:
 

David Johnson and Angelique Meadows are colleagues on a business trip to China. They've worked together for years, but neither has been able to admit their true feelings for the other. This business trip represents a landmark deal in their careers and an opportunity to reveal the truth of their hearts. Just as love blooms, disaster strikes.

The man they're meeting with is Yuen Gao, CEO of a multi-million dollar company. The world sees him as a successful business man. His pack sees him as their Alpha. Rogues, secret experiments, and the undeniable pull of his mate force him to reveal his secret. Is his love strong enough to overcome the pain of loss?

Hearts unite and break as trusted friends become enemies behind the scenes. Love longed for is lost to be replaced by a bond deeper than words. Loyalties are tested as ghosts of the past step into the present.

Can true love survive when forbidden hearts are reconnected?
Dragon Moon will be available at Liquid Silver Books Dec. 17 at www.lsbooks.com
Save the date!

Find out more about Nulli at http://nulliparaora.wordpress.com/

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Rosanna. I had fun!

      Delete
  2. lol, that is quite a crush list ;). look forward to the book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like a lot of things, Patricia. *winks*

      Delete
  3. Great post, Nulli. You gave me lots of ideas for actors to hunt down, er, maybe I meant look up. Nice to get to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hunt down, stalk, do what you need to do!

      Delete
  4. Great post, Nulli! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is a good one, but you left off Matthew McConaughey, Wesley Snipes, and Vin Diesel, Taye Diggs, and best of all, the very sexy Antonio Bandares. I adore Dragon Moon and can't wait to see your trailer for Initiate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WAB, perhaps I should make a book of Nulli's Nummies. Each year we can, *clears throat* expand it.

      Delete
    2. (wiping drool) The Rock is mine, ladies. I call dibs! But Jennifer, I do like the way you think! Every single one you mentioned is in my top contenders list.

      Delete
    3. How could I have left Johnny Depp (in his Capn Jack character, youza!) off the list. Lillian Grant had to remind me.

      Delete
  6. Wouldn't mind reading Nulli's Nummies, LOL. I love your five points for the ideal hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thanks, Allie! Perhaps I'll make a Pinterest board for that. *goes off to get started*

      Delete